1) I was born 3 months early in 1975 and weighed 2lb 2oz’s.
2) I’m studying to be a knitwear designer.
3) I love knitting and hate studying.
4) I work well under pressure.
5) I love dogs.
6) I’m allergic to cats.
7) I always fancied being a vet nurse but can't. (See number 6). I love vets. I’m in awe of how clever they are.
8) I hate driving.
9) I work as a driver.
10) I have no sense of direction.
11) I’m proud to be Scottish.
12) I’ve lived in Dunoon, Argyll (where I’m from), Glasgow and Inverness.
13) I can’t imagine ever leaving Scotland.
14) I love my surname and its history.
15) I’m an introvert.
16) I was a special constable with (the then) Strathclyde police for 6 years.
17) I love all chocolate except for the dark stuff.
18) I would be vegan if I never ate chocolate.
19) I hate spiders and wasps.
20) I hate ladybirds. I feel physically sick when I see them open their backs to fly. That totally gives me the creeps.
21) I hate the summer and hot weather.
22) I love cold, rainy days.
23) Autumn and winter are my favourite seasons.
24) Christmas is my favourite time of year.
25) I love living by the sea.
26) I don’t drink tea or coffee. I only drink water or juice.
27) The thought of eating a fig or anything with figs in it turns my stomach.
28) I’ve never been drunk in my life. I’m not a fan of alcohol (or drugs). (See number 16).
29) I hate flying.
30) I like sailing.
31) I learned to swim when I was 27. I’m still a very poor swimmer with no confidence in the water and still have a fear of the deep end of the pool.
32) I’d love to learn to play water polo.
33) I had constant ear problems as a child and had to have a couple of operations. I'm slightly deaf in my left ear now.
34) I’m an optimistic, glass is half full kind of person.
35) I have a wicked sense of humour.
36) I’m very laidback and don’t panic – unless my dog is sick. My world revolves around him.
37) I took a 6 week course to learn to crochet and I still can’t get the hang of it.
38) I love all colours except for red. I won’t get in a red car or buy or wear anything red. I associate it with bad luck and danger.
39) I hate wearing shoes and slippers. I wear socks in the house.
40) I can’t stand shopping for clothes or shoes but will spend hours in a yarn or book shop.
41) I’m a typical taurean.
42) I’ve seen every single episode of ‘All creatures great and small’ and ‘The darling buds of may’.
43) I have the worst memory and have to write lists.
44) I hate denim and wool against my skin. I don’t own a pair of jeans or any pure wool items of clothing.
45) In 30 plus years of knitting I’ve only ever made myself a pair of mittens, a hat and three scarves.
46) I have a knitting machine which lives in a box in my shed. I’ll learn to use it one day.
47) I have a sewing machine which frightens the life out of me. I have a fear of my fingers getting caught in the fast moving needle.
48) I love ghost stories even though they frighten the wits out of me. I sleep with my bible under my pillow.
49) I would love to be as creative knittingwise as Bjork is musically.
50) My hero is ex F1 Scottish racing driver Jackie Stewart.